The first step in addressing any behavioural problem is a full behavioural consultation with you and your pet. This allows us the chance to clinically assess the symptoms, reach a diagnosis and formulate a plan for the treatment and ongoing supportive management of the problem.
To enable Dr Julie to prepare for the consultation, a questionnaire (either dog or cat) should be completed and returned to Life on Four Legs one week in advance. These are available to download below.
Included in the cost of the consultation:
- Full history and clinical examination (if safe to do so and applicable)
- Analysis of the questionnaire
- Discussion as to why your pet may be behaving how they are
- Discussion of your aims from the treatment of your pet and what types of behavioural modifications might be suitable for your lifestyle
- Discussion about medication* (and prescription if required)
- Any handouts you may need to help you at home
- Treatment plans
- Discussion with your veterinarian (if referred by them)
*Medications prescribed are at additional cost.
Follow up consultations are often necessary to support you and your pet through the process.
Initial consultation (approx. 2 hours): $545
Follow up consultations (approx. 1 hour): $225
- Weekend consultations and/or those commencing later than 6.30pm (weekdays) incur a $50 surcharge.
- Consultations involving more than one animal in the household (e.g. aggression between two dogs) may be subject to an additional fee.
Consultations are generally carried out as house calls. The consultation fee includes travel within the Sydney metro area. To arrange a home visit outside of the metro area please contact me for an estimate.
Alternatively, if you would prefer, consults can be carried out at either Rose Bay Veterinary Hospital, Woollahra Veterinary Hospital and Allambie Veterinary Hospital.
For those further afield, some cases may be discussed via skype/phone. Please get in touch for a quote and to arrange a time.
Preventative behavioural classes can also be arranged. Please contact Life on Four Legs to discuss your needs.